One year old boy and family of 3 photo session ~ Robinwood Photography / Oregon City portrait photographer / On location


 I had the absolute joy of capturing a very special milestone - my grandson's first birthday.  As a photographer, I've spent countless hours behind the lens, but nothing quite compares to photographing your own family.  There's something magical about the way a one year old experiences the world, and I was lucky enough to freeze those moments and the pure delight on his face.  His tiny hands digging in the sand, playing peek-a-boo, and seeing the ducks.  He was a little scared at first, his hands were shaking, standing there frozen and then he warmed up to them, his initial caution quickly turned into curiosity and couldn't help but smile.  One of my favorite parts of the session was capturing some candid shots of him with his Daddy.  There's a special bond between them that's evinent in every frame.  The way he'd look at his daddy with those blue eyes.  So genuine and heartfelt.  I loved the family shots, they were playful and natural.  We ended the session with a classic cake smash.  He loved mashing it between his hands and playing in it.  The mess that followed was nothing short of adorable with frosting everywhere and a very happy little boy. Being able to capture these memories for my family, and especially for my grandson, is something I'll cherish forever.  















This next one is my favorite, they are both making the exact same face 😆
















Here's a few outtakes. he was a little nervous to sit on the rock and I loved his expressions ...




Very interested in his book, needed a closer look 😂





I love his face as she shoving the sand up his legs and diaper 




More shoveling like he did with the sand but now with cake 😆
The chunk of cake on his shoulder 😂😂

Eating the cake off the ground that fell off his body as he bear crawled away



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment