Interior Design ~ Robinwood Photography / Oregon City Photographer

So this post is different than my usual portrait work but wanted to share my new living room! It's the first impression when you walk into my home and its open to my kitchen which now compliments it very well! We bought our home this summer and did some remodeling. We took out the wall that divided the two rooms, added dark hardwoods to join the two rooms together and it really opened it up! The living room is very small so it was challenging to furnish it and to be in scale. I had a look in mind when I started shopping for my decor and things really came together really well. I wanted warm, cozy, lots of texture, neutral pallet of tan, grey and white. I like a more contemporary style mixed in with a traditional look with a few vintage pieces, to make it unique. With a little bit of background on why my room is decorated the way it is, here are some pictures! I'm hoping to take some before and after pictures of my kitchen and family room soon so stay tuned!
This ottoman is my favorite piece in my room! I got it at Home Goods. I love that store!! I couldn't believe I found the exact colors for my room and I feel like it ties everything together! I got the textured rug at Target.
I found this vintage side board on craigslist. It fits perfectly for my entry and the storage is great for all my china. It's a nice anchor piece to display the pictures that I took of my boys! (Yes I dressed them to match my room)
I really had to shop around for a love seat for my room because I couldn't have anything too deep since it would block the walk way to my family room. So I researched banquet seating and it was the perfect depth. I found this at Cost Plus World Market. They were having a big sale and I got an additional 15% off. Score!
Close up of the sweater throw blanket and subtle chevron throw pillow.
Close up of one of side chairs. I found both of them at TJ Maxx. I like that they were the same fabric but different style of chairs.
A very special tea cup and saucer that was my Grandmas.
More texture. (lamp)
Both my boys made these back in kindergarden. I like having a few sentimental pieces in each room to make it my own!
Yes, my wall decor is all my kids! Theres nothing more personal than that! And hey, it matches my decor so it's a win win! ;) I hope you enjoyed my new room. It was kinda fun to photograph something different!

0 comments:

Post a Comment